According to the indicative plan for investing in the transeuropean transport network (TEN-T), which was presented by the European Commission and the World Bank, the main areas of investment (12.8 billion euros)will be projects:
1. on modernization, construction of roads,
2. on modernization of railways,
3. on river shipping,
4. port projects,
6. creation of logistics hubs and centers.
Close attention will be focused on digitalization in new projects.
Johannes Hahn, responsible for European Neighborhood Policy and Enlargement, emphasizes that this plan will provide a vector in investing strategically important objects and will contribute to improving security in the region.
• In the port of Yuzhny (necessary investments 139 million Euro) - reconstruction of # 5, 6, 7, 8 berths, dredging of works
• In the port of Chernomorsk (with the necessary investments of 328.5 million euros) - concession of the railway ferry complex, reconstruction of hydraulic structures of # 7.8 berths, reconstruction works on berths # 9, 10, 11 – 17/
(attracting 112 million euros from the EIB and EBRD):
• Work on the reconstruction of locks on the Dnieper (New Kakhovka, Zaporozhye)
• Dredging in the lower, middle and upper parts of the Dnieper
• Dredging at the locks of Kanev and Kremenchug
(total 300 million UAH):
• Odessa airport - reconstruction of the passanger terminal
• Lviv Airport - reconstruction of Terminal A, the airfield complex and the Tustan Hotel, construction of a cargo terminal,
• Borispol airport - reconstruction of the second runway and the construction of a new cargo terminal
(from 2 billion Euros, Ukraine claims the largest part - more than 800 million Euros):
• modernization of the part of railways (1435 mm) Kovel-Yagodin-Gosgranitsa and its electrification,
• reconstruction of the Podbortsy part (Lviv region),
• new substation in Razdelnaya,
• electrification of a part of the railway lines Berdichev-Korosten-Berezhest
• increase in throughput facilities on the Grebenka-Poltava part of the road
• modernization of the railway infrastructure in the direction of Mukachevo-Chop-Zahony / Cierna, over Tisou (Ukraine-Hungary / Slovakia) (this allows Ukrzaliznytsia to launch new trains to Slovakia and the Czech Republic and turn Mukachevo into the largest railway hub).
(necessary investments about 97 million euros, which are planned to attract from international financial organizations):
• introduction of the E-Tolling system for automatic collection of duties,
• implementation of Weigh-in-Motion for weighing tracks while driving,
• automatic speed control systems,
• multi-level junctions between railways and highways,
• creation of 6 parking zones on Kiev-Odessa, Kiev-Chop, Kiev-Kharkov routes.
The plan also includes reconstruction and repair works on the sections of Kiev - Odessa highway, Kiev - Kharkov - Dolzhansky highway (section from Valok to Kharkov), construction of bridges across the Dnieper river in Kremenchug (Chinese Eximbank should provide 300 million euros) and on the South Bug river (Nikolaev) (400 million Euros expected from the Japan International Cooperation Agency JICA)